Saturday, April 17, 2010

WE DO WEDDINGS BLOG APRIL SHOWERS 2

As I look out the window, a week later, it's still raining!  April showers for sure;)
I'm going to divert a bit and skip the shower talk and head right to a great suggestion for a Father/Daughter
song. Edwin McCains " Walk With You " - I recieved the sample CD in the mail & love it.
I've put the Youtube link on my Twitter page.  http://www.twitter.com/wedoweddings4u Hope you enjoy it.
Here's some lyrics from the chorus :
I’ll take this slow sweet walk with you

You’ll let go of my hand to say: I do

He will discover just how blessed a life can be

I know cuz all those years ago

Someone handed you to me

O.K.- NOW I'll get on to the "shower" part of the April showers.
 I am curious as to what your thoughts are concerning bridal or wedding showers?
What do you think of a wedding shower where men are also invited vs. traditional bridal showers?
I've been to both, and lately men have also been there. It's been fun listening to their comments and take on the gifts etc. They seem to add humor to the gathering! Especially when it's a lingere' gift ;)

How about games?  Bridal BINGO? Bridal Pictionary? Create a veil? or Dress the Bride?
( with toilet paper!) Who said it? Having guest write advice, tips for a happy marriage, or some memory about the bride or couple. Most of these games get folks involved , break the ice, and add laughter to the shower. It gives your guest something to do while you open your gifts, and lets them get to know one another, and YOU even better! When the wedding day comes they'll be more at ease, and so will YOU!

Next blog will deal with the location!
Happy Planning everyone!

http://www.wedoweddings4u.com/